Women in the Wind International, Inc. has over 1200 members in the U.S., Canada, Great Britain and Australia. We have chapter, associate, and honorary members.
Women can choose associate or chapter membership. Each member receives the newsletter Shootin' the Breeze six times a year. You are also encouraged to meet other Women in the Wind (WITW) members by attending our national meetings:
- Winter Internationals are usually held around mid January, February, or March.
- Summer Internationals are usually held around July or August.
These dates vary, on occasion, to coincide with other area motorcycle events near the sponsoring chapter.
All members can wear WITW International, Inc. logo merchandise, except for back patches sporting the lady logo which are for chapter members only.
Other perks include being part of the annual Safe Mileage Contest and engaging in large scale fundraising events for causes such as breast cancer research.
Honorary members are nominated by associate or chapter members and must meet special circumstances (i.e. health or great contribution to our purpose).
- Becky Brown...Founder of WITW International, Inc. and Motorcycle Hall of Fame Inductee
- Cris Simmons: Founder of Harley Women magazine and WITW member
- Jo Giovannoni: Founder of Harley Women magazine and WITW member
- Elyse White: First overseas member (Australia)
- Linda Peavy: Early member and founder of L.O.H. for Harley-Davidson
- Debbie Bearup: Member who held world speed record in motorcycle drag racing
- Marjorie Fanning: Member of LOCAL and rode her Indian Scout back in 1938; wishes she could ride now
- Tina Bond: Member of Akron; past president; staunch advocate and representative for WITW in Pony Express Tour and Women in Motorcycling Conferences